- Twenty years of outdoor industry editorial experience
- Managing editor of leading outdoor industry trade publications
- Contributor to Scientific American
- Author of several books on outdoor recreation topics
- National Outdoor Book Awards judge
- Member of Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Outdoor Writers Association of America, Society of Environmental Journalists
- American Society of Journalists and Authors
- Outdoor Writers Association of America ‘Excellence in Craft’ award winner. Scientific American “Rescue Drones Need to Learn How Lost Humans Think.”
“Exploring the world’s wild places can be a life-changing experience. It’s a thrill to create stories that inspire people to pursue their own adventures.”
Lou Dzierzak has been a full-time freelance writer since 1997. Much of his writing focuses on the business side of outdoor recreation. Editorial experience includes serving as manager editor of Outdoor Business, Outdoor Insight and Running Insight. He’s published hundreds of articles on marketing trends, product design innovations, environmental sustainability initiatives and retail operations.
On the consumer side, his publishing resume includes titles like Silent Sports,Paddler, Canoe & Kayak, Running Times, Motiv Running, Trail Runner, Backpacker and Scientific American. An avid winter sports enthusiast, he served as the managing editor of Cross Country Skier from 2000-2015.
With Rootsrated.com, an online resource providing detailed outdoor destination profiles, he established editorial guidelines, launched a content strategy and recruited a network of experienced freelance writers. Author of several books including a history of American bicycle racing and a two-volume Boundary Waters Canoe Area guidebook.
Outforia’s Editorial Policy
Outforia stands by the integrity of its journalistic content. Every member of the Outforia pledges to publish only unbiased, non-monetized views. All news, reviews, articles and features are shared with full transparency as to performance and purpose with any brand input clearly noted.
We meticulously fact-check every article shared for accuracy of quotes, features, pricing and more. We will be as efficient as possible in updating any information published that is no longer accurate, whether discovered in-house or brought to our attention by a valued user.
We respect ownership of visual collateral and only use media for which we have ownership or express approval by the media’s owner. Likewise, any media no longer approved for use will be promptly removed.