Your Stepping Stone To Outdoor Wonder
Outforia has previously been featured in:
- You are free to use any data, charts and graphs provided on our site.
- We just ask that you attribute Outforia fairly in your coverage and provide a link to our website so that your audience can learn more about our work.
- If you have any questions about our research or would like additional commentary or an interview to include in your piece, feel free to email our press contact below.
For Press Inquiries Only
Are you looking for expert input for a story you’re working on?
Our expert nature & outdoors contributors would love to help you out. Feel free to reach out for anything from quotes, interviews, contributions, or more.
- Twenty years of outdoor industry editorial experience
- Managing editor of leading outdoor industry trade publications
- Author of several books on outdoor recreation topics
Carl J. Borg
- Outforia Founder
- Strategist and Marketing
- Lifelong Nature Enthusiast
- Outdoor & Nature Educator
- Climbing Instructor
- Experienced Arctic and Antarctic expedition guide
- Wilderness Medicine Instructor
We created Outforia to share, inspire and stoke a collective love for wild places.
Inspire. Motivate. Educate.
What is Outforia?
We know there are many options when it comes to researching outdoor gear and destinations. Finding accurate, credible information makes the difference between nurturing a life-long love of the outdoors or enduring miserable experiences caused by poor gear choices based on faulty, incomplete information.
Our passion for connecting people with nature runs deep. That belief flows through everything we create for Outforia.
We don’t define success in the outdoors as summitting Mt. Everest, standing on the North Pole, or paddling class IV whitewater. Our published works are aimed at an audience who sees the joy in sharing a sunset with friends after a challenging hike or the memories created by trekking through an old-growth forest to camp on the shore of a pristine, crystal blue backcountry lake.
The goal is for Outforia to become your go-to resource for all things wild. In “Walden,” the legendary Henry David Thoreau wrote, “We can never have enough of nature.” We know that’s true for us. Is it true for you? If so, welcome to our library.
Outforia In The News:
ABC Wate 6: Danger In The Smoky Mountains
- ABC News: World Ocean Day 2021: This is how climate change may alter 10 of the world’s natural wonders
- The New York Times: A House Near a National Park Can Be a Bargain
- The Washington Post: Danger lurks in national parks, but not necessarily where you expect it
- USA Today: Picture this: Eye-opening images of what climate change has done and could do to our world
- Newsweek: These Are the States With the Most Fatal Animal Attacks
- CNN: Everest’s 100 years of destiny and death on the roof of the world
- New York Post: Bees to bears: 10 states where you’re most likely to be killed by an animal
- Euronews: A beautiful view, but at what price? These are the world’s most expensive mountains
- Fox News: How common are alligator attacks?
- El Mundo: “El nudismo empodera”. Guía con las mejores playas del mundo para bañarse ‘a pelo’
- Der Standard: Die besten Länder zum Nacktbaden
Nedre Slottsgate 15
For Press Inquiries Only